Monday, February 9, 2009

The Bet- Mabelita

On the first year everything seemed to not have any sense (besides the wine and the tobacco.), but then I started reading books and listening classics on the piano, and what most encourages me are the 2 million that I will have after being here without working or having troubles like outside. My freedom isn’t the most important thing for me as you can see, but now I think that after this I will appreciate it more than before.
On the second year I didn’t want to listen music anymore but I still liked the books and the wine. It was desperate because even though I drink the best wine in the entire world I don’t get the chance of sharing it with my friends. But I kept trying until I had those millions in my hands.
On the seventh year I got bored and I read all the books that were there so I ordered a new collection of philosophy books, science, math and different languages books. I tried to make goals, like if I can read one philosophy book in one day and some other things like that. These leads to the point were I read a book per day and I’ve learned complicated math and 5 completely different kinds of languages.
On the tenth year my life was getting some knowledge and now I think that the bet that I made ten years before is becoming a little immature and maybe too ambitious for a young, intelligent and strong person like me. Sometimes being ambitious when you´re young but not to the point where you will spent 15 years of your life in an empty, lonely, and useless room.
For the next five years I spent my time meditating about if the bet that I had made was right or wrong (if I was outside I wouldn´t have done that.) For me my decision wasn´t right nor wrong, my theory was that no one could judge me because it was my life, my decisions, and my choices. Now that I am 35 years old I know that I have neither wasted nor appreciated my time.
For the last year I already knew what I was going to do with Mr. Drew´s bet and I decided to throw 15 years of my life to the garbage and left the room.

No comments: