Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lidia


Dear Friend,
Hi! How are you? My name is Lidia Maribel Caballero Figueroa and I hope you are really good. I study at San Jeronimo Bilingual School; it is located in Cofradia, Cortes……. Honduras!, and I am in ninth grade. My best friends are Josseline, Cecilia, Irene, Kenia, Katherine ( they are in seventh grade ), Mabelita ( she is my classmate), Jaira, Nicole and Pamela.
I like to spend time with my friends and go out some places. I like to draw, write, paint, sing, play my piano and watch T.V. When I am bored, I like to do these things or have a good time with my friends. My friends are very important for me, because they help me when I feel bad, they make me strong and they make me think well about me.

Do you want to know something fun that happened me?
I invited all my friends to a slumber party, and Mabelita went to my house like 4:00 and when it was time to do it, just Mabelita was in my house. And we call Miss Raina (my teacher from the last year) to ask her if she will go, and she says- probably!. And like one hour later she was in my house, and she ask us- Where is Pamela? And we told her that we don’t know. So she calls Pamela to see if she will go, and Pamela said that she dint get permission from his parents. And there were just Miss Raina, Mabelita and me, but Miss Raina just went to my house a few minutes. So just Mabelita and I were there.

I will tell you some thing about my country……………….
Honduras is a very beautiful place where you can know a lot of very important things, like vegetation and tourism. If you come to Honduras you will see that is a good place, it has many beautiful things, like high mountains, fresh air, clean water and nice people. I love Honduras!!
Cofradia is a little town in Honduras and of course is beautiful too.

This is all I can do, well not all, but just some.
I hope you have enjoyed reading my letter that is especially for you. Thanks for your attention!

Sincerely, Lidia M, Caballero Figueroa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog! I am a second grade intern teacher in the US. Right now I am teaching my students about the continents and places all over the earth. I look forward to sharing your blog with my students as they learn about how they are alike and different from students in other parts of the world. Some things we have been learning is what typical school days are like for other students. For example, the hours you go to school? The subjects you learn about? How you and others get to school? Do you have lots of homework? Where do you have lunch? What is your class size?

Thanks for sharing your blog! Keep it up!

JTK said...

Hi Lidia,
I enjoyed reading your blog entry. Slumber parties are definitely fun! I went to lots of fun slumber parties when I was a girl, but the funny thing is that they didn't usually involve much "slumbering!"

I'll keep reading your blog so do keep posting. Please give my best wishes to your entire family!

be good, work hard, enjoy,

(Miss) Jaime

Unknown said...

Hi Lidia,
I loved reading your blog story! I have one question- why is it called 'Coming out of the Clouds'?

Are you having fun being a ninth grader? I hope you're being nice to all the younger students and not bullying them... Just kidding, I'm sure you are helping them and being a good friend.

I hope to come and visit soon- maybe in February? I can't wait to see all of you!
Take care and tell Eduardito and the rest of your family that I say hello!

Miss Jasmine

bostonraina said...

HI LIDIA!

Mr. Thiago and I are here reading your blog! It looks GREAT! We hope that everything is going well in Cofradia. It is very cold here. We miss you all very much.

Love,

Miss Raina and Mr. Thiago